Welcome to Sandhills Pre-School
We are committed to encouraging children to be kind, curious and work as a team.
A warm welcome to the fun-filled learning environment of Sandhills Pre-School! We hope you enjoy exploring a bit of our world.
The staff and parent led committee are passionate about creating a safe learning environment where the children thrive and flourish.
We are committed to encouraging children to be kind, curious and work as a team. We create a stimulating learning environment for the children to feel safe and to inspire learning. We foster a sense of belonging within the pre-school and the wider community.
‘We aim to provide all children at Sandhills Pre-school with the skills and knowledge that they will need for the future. We ensure to meet the needs of each child regardless of their background.’
- Sandhills Pre-school meets the needs of each individual child and we provide a curriculum to ensure that all children do well.
- Sandhills Pre-school will develop areas of the curriculum by following interests of the children, helping them to further their knowledge and skills they will need for the future.
- We will use what the children already know as a starting point to build on and following on from this the curriculum is planned so that the children can learn new skills and gain new knowledge.
- Sandhills Pre-school helps and supports children to be resilient learners and also encourages them to be able to identify the characteristics of effective learning.
- Sandhills Pre-school provide support to ensure the children’s wellbeing and ensure children have full access to the curriculum.
Our Curriculum will enable children to:
- have a sense of wellbeing and high self-esteem - to have strategies to manage their feelings and behaviour
- be respectful and positive members of the community
- have the ability to communicate clearly - to express themselves
- be independent, resilient and creative learners
- see themselves as a learner and have a commitment to learn
- to be able to negotiate and problem solve
- have the knowledge and skills for their life